It's the start of another year and some of us will have made a resolution. Perhaps yours is to get active, eat more healthy, spend more time with your family or even make more memories.
But did you know that quite a few of these resolutions could be achieved with an organised garage? OK, so not everything. But here are just six reasons why you should organise your garage and get that feeling of wellbeing.
1. Spend more time with your family - an American survey published in 2019 suggested that we spend 2.5 days per year looking for misplaced items. So if you want to spend more time with family and friends then getting organised is a must.
It can also help you be on time for work, school and other calendar activities. For example, going to play golf? Where are your clubs? Oh no, at the back of the garage which is going to take 30 minutes to get to.
But not if you have it organised on the wall and within easy reach.
2. Getting active - this is probably the number one resolution we make when we move into a new year. But how can you make it easier to stick to and achieve your goals? Joining a gym can be a great thing but what about creating your very own home gym?
Not only will you save on membership fees but you'll be able to exercise in your own space, save on fuel to the gym and not really have any excuse! Decluttering your garage, storing items on the wall and ceiling will allow you to free up your floor space for exercise machines and mats.
3. Eating healthily - probably number two in the resolution countdown is to eat healthy and pick the right foods. This might seem an odd one to go with an organised garage but actually if you have space to store items you can bulk buy healthy options and store them in the garage giving you no excuse to snack on unhealthy options.
4. Making memories - this really brings both spending time with family and getting active together. By getting out in the fresh air with friends you will make a whole host of memories and by knowing where the hamper is, the kids bikes are stored and not having to delve around to find them, you'll instantly have more time to do it.
5. Creating an insta worthy home - this takes time and effort and you'll most likely need to do a good declutter to get rid of items in your home that don't quite fit in. But do you want to throw them away? Having the right storage system in place will allow you to store them in your garage and keep them for when they are needed.
6. Save more and spend less - and last on our list is to save more and stop spending money on unnecessary items. We think the best way to do this is to know where items are stored so you don't have to go out and spend more money when you can't find them. Simple really...
We would love to discuss your garage with you, so give us a call and we can help you create your very own organised garage. And you never know, even help your new years resolutions too.