5 Top tips to getting your garage beautifully organised!
🙋 Hands up who wants an organised garage?
It certainly can be a struggle to envisage what your garage could look like when you are surrounded by clutter.
But with a little thought, design and decluttering you can clear your space ready for good simple storage solutions.
Here are our five top tips to getting your garage beautifully organised!
1. Take stock - work out what you want to do with your garage. The best way to decide what to do and where to start is to think about how you use the space. Is it just for storage, an entrance to your home, parking the car in etc. Once you have this straight in your head, you'll be able to think more clearly about how the space should look.
2. Sort out - in other words have a good declutter! Try to get rid of surplus items, only keeping items that you want or need. We all have a whole host of items in our garage that we keep "just in case", but do you really need them? Try to recycle where possible. And if you need help then a good Professional Organisation company such as Oh So Organised can work with you to get you sorted out.
3. Design your space - now we are on to the fun part. Depending on what you decided in step 1, now is the time to focus on what storage you need. Whatever you have chosen for your ideal garage, you will probably want to add in some shelving, hooks, cabinets and other useful storage accessories. Thankfully the MyGarage team can help with this part. We provide a bespoke design service where we measure up your space, understand what you want to store and create a garage storage design that's just for you. Be that to clear the floor, put items on shelves, make a utility area or store the kayaks neatly on the wall. Or you could opt to design the space yourself - why not see our range of storage solutions for your wall which might be a useful starting point. We have a whole of host of flexible shelving systems, bike hooks, baskets and more. And you can buy them all online from our e-store!
4. Install storage - installation time! If you've opted to speak to us for your bespoke design then this bit is easy peasy as we do all the hard work for you - just sit back and relax! If you've decided to go down the DIY route then you will most likely be preparing for installing yourself. Make sure you have all the tools you need such as screwdrivers, drills, rawl plus and screws to name just a few.
5. Belongings back in - And finally, the new garage really comes together. We love this part - it's all about finding the perfect corner for your bike, or the right hook for your hose pipe. We find that creating zones is a useful way to organise your space so items are grouped together and are easy to find. However you choose to organise your space, try not to clutter it up again and get the most from your wonderful new space.
And that's it - we hope that's a useful starting point to get you thinking and provide inspiration for your garage space.
If you would like to discuss your garage organisational project with us, we would be delighted to hear from you. Simply call us on 087 802 9186 or email us at email@example.com
Last but not least, below you will find some great garage projects we've helped other customers create. We hope they provide some ideas for you.