Creating A Man Cave
Updated: Jul 10, 2019
First of all, what is a Man Cave? The general consensus is that is a male retreat or sanctuary set up in the home, most commonly a garage, shed, games room etc.
Why might you want one?
Are you serious? Who doesn't want their own dedicated space to get away all the hussle and bussle. Quality time with friends, a chance to get a bit of peace or to tinker on your car/bike. A space to relax, unwind and take a breath.
What can you use it for?
The possibilities are endless. You could choose it to be a games room, a gym, a workshop, a bar, a showroom for your bikes or car, or even a little bit of everything.
We have a customer who created their own Man Cave as a place to work with all their equipment organised and ready to use.
How to do it
Of course it depends on the final use of the room but some points to think about are:
- Heating and/or ventilation so the area is a comfortable temperature
- Lighting might need to be upgraded so you can see what you are doing or you might want some mood lighting
- Storage Cabinets - if you're planning on working on cars or bikes then adding in some storage for all your tools is a must
- Add hooks and other storage accessories to keep items on. Maybe you could store pool cues or even fishing rods on them.
- A workbench or diy area could be added so you can store all your items together
- Sofa or comfy chairs and a sound system, perhaps a tv on the wall so you can have your friends over
If you need help designing your space then message us for a chat. We can't promise to be able to source the sofa or equipment but we can help you make best use of the space.